- This event has passed.
Zagreb 2-Week Intensive
October 8 - October 19
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is much more than just fancy asana. It’s not all handstands, and legs behind the head.
It’s about connecting with your breath – learning to still the mind even in the most challenging of postures. After all, as David Robson says, ‘asana without breath is just shitty gymnastics.’
This Intensive is designed for people who would like to deepen their knowledge on the many different aspects of Ashtanga Yoga, going beyond asana and alignment. With daily morning self-practice safely guided by David and Jelena, philosophy, theory and technique workshops for Primary and Intermediate Series, and much more, each student regardless of their experience will be able to advance their practice.
Everyone with a genuine interest in Ashtanga Yoga is welcome to join the Intensive.
- 10 days of Mysore style self-guided practice
- Principles of alignment in the Primary Series
- An overview of the Intermediate Series
- Traditional Sanskrit count
- Safe back-bending
- Safe and effective hands-on adjustments for key poses
- Arm balances and handstands
- Jump-backs and jump-throughs
For all levels, but best to have at least 6 months of regular practice.
The rich program consists of daily Mysore style practice, and a series of weekend and afternoon workshops.